Tuesday 23 December 2008

its nearly christmas

This will probably be my last blog before christmas, and who knows, i might find a new blog site - watch this space for updates.

its nearly christmas and I am very busy, making and baking and also being a child....the stocking has been put up and the presents have been bought and wrapped...all there is to do now is enjoy the day!!

my favourite part of the day is when I first wake, the moment when you realise its christmas day, the excitment of the day ahead!!! I love that feeling, if we could just bottle it.

I try and do as much as I can do on christmas eve, like cook the meat and bake the mince pies and clean the house etc etc so all that is left to do is just enjoy the day. Its extra special because I have a son who is 5 and he is syked about Father Christmas. When my son had his first christmas, my husband and I had this really long chat about the whole Father Christmas thing...for 364 days of the year we tell our kids not to talk to strangers, not to open the door and let just anybody in, but for 1 night only, we not only let a stranger into the house but we allow said stranger to wander the house freely while we sleep??? We didnt know if hat was conflicting messages for our son. But lets face it, childhood is such an innocent time, they dont know about "bad men" as my mum used to call them, all they know is magic (and what presents theywill be getting!)

So enjoy it I shall!!!

my question for this issue is what is your favourite part of christmas day and is it the same now as when you were a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment