Friday 7 August 2009

Beyond excited!!!

I have been looking forward to this weekend for months.

About 4 years ago, my husband and I became aware of the Bristol hot air balloon fiesta. Its a weekend of hundreds of balloon's in one place taking off twice a day, the fiesta has a massive market, red arrows fly over and in general promises to be a rather brilliant weekend.

So for every year we have known about the fiesta we have deliberated on going, some years we have just plain forgot and since Theo has been able to walk, we decided that he was not strong enough to walk for that amount of time without being picked up (as soon as he could walk there was no physical was he was getting into a stroller).

This year however we are going, and I am like a child. I love the mystical-ness of hot air balloon's, the way they glide across the sky, I adore the fantastical strange shapes that some are and I love the colourful ones best!!

We have a tent and now have all the kit...to describe....
The tent is, I suppose, kind of dome shaped from the outside and is blue. You walk under awning and into a "lounge area" (this my affection name for it) which is about 6ft by 6ft. On either side is a room both exactly the same size and big enough to fit a double air bed in and not much more.
So its a tent.

the kit we have is a double gas burning stove, a fold-away-table, cooking equipment and utensils, red (Theo's favourite colour) plastic cutlery and crockery and of course the air beds with sleeping bags...Theo in his (red) and us in the other room in our double sleeping bag.
A camping excursion right???? wrong.


Aha, this camping trip will be a tent with a bit of fun. I have made bunting to go on the guide ropes at the front, I have made flowers to go round the legs of the table and Theo has put glow in the dark star stickers onto a massive piece of paper which will be hung in his area. I have 2 picnic blankets, one will be used for its intended purpose and the other will serve as a rug for the "lounge area". I have tea light holders that are like lanterns on sticks and, because I always get annoyed at flies getting into the tent, I have 4 citronella candles to light in the evening at the front of the tent!!!! -
I am over excited at this point and have running around all day making sure that we have got everything...and now, as I sit and type this poised on the edge of my seat, watching the clock not moving, I await my darling husbands home coming. The man is not gonna know what hit him when he walks through that door...I want / need / have to be outta here asap!!

I love camping...why should it all be about communal showers and and going for a wee in a bush????

I am sooo excited about the whole experience, the tent decorating and of course the balloon fiesta, I hope to get heaps of photo's with my now dried out camera (a long story which I couldn't tell before as it just made me cry and I may reveal my stupidity another time!)

So my thought / question for this entry is....what did you make fun that should have been slightly mundane???

have a great weekend everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment