Wednesday 7 October 2009

every girl needs a pair of red shoes





I have been mentally busy recently, my days are just slipping by and I am struggling to remember what I did 2 days ago. This is not a good thing when each college lesson brings new information that I am supposed to be retaining...hmmmmmm

Good news is that I had a one to one with my tutor today and he said that I was doing really brilliantly and my projected shorthand score is 100 words per minute...you are basically un-employable as a journalist unless you have the magic 100!!...just wondering where they got that projection from but, but hey, who am I to complain!

A typical day for me right now is
7am up to the sound of "need a poo" - thanks Theo, I will sooo remind you of this when you are drunk at the age of 18 and are saying this again.

by 8.30am Up, coffee, Theo breakfasted, dressed, teeth brushed, both his and my lucnhes made, me dressed teeth brushed, comb dragged through my bed hair, some sort of make-up on, check bag make sure have all files and homework to be handed in out the door and into car.

8.50am will have dropped Theo off at school, no time to wait for the whistle to be blown to take him into school, have to dump him in the playground, feel like a crappy mother but lets face it, when I am there he pays me no attention as he is "hanging with his mates"

9.05am have arrived at college and will hopefully have found a decent enough parking space that I can get into.

9.10am in class, have got stuff out of bag...bugger, at this point I always need the loo

9.15am class starts...still haven't landed on planet earth yet.

4pm ish Out of college, drive home and walk down to school, if I didn't park and then go get him I will have had no exercise.

4.30pm cooking dinner

5.00pm Nathan home, eat dinner

From 5-7pm spend time with my son, reading, playing etc

7pm Nath takes Theo to bed, I start homework

9pmish finish homework, can now communicate with my husband

10pm have fallen asleep on the couch and have to be rudely wakened by husband trying to get me to move my ass upstairs and into bed (I can appreciate the kindness now but at the time I really really wanna tell him where to go)

10.30 am in bed and am asleep

so as you can see, every minute of my day now has a structure and is accounted for in some way.

I was soooo highly strung last week that I simply HAD to do something to relax me...ahhh the magic hands of Holly my beauty therapist...god bless facials.

After my facial I felt relaxed and ready to start all over again.

The facial got me thinking about feeling good about oneself as a woman.

Confidence SHOULD come from the inside but lets face it, sometimes us girls need a little extra pick me up.

If I am wearing new under ware, an outfit that I feel makes me look OK, my hair is doing what I wanted it to do and I have shoes that look nice but also don't kill my feet...this combination hardly ever happens all at the same time, this is the a pick me up...so what about one thing in the whole ensemble..RED SHOES.

Red shoes are fun, can be a little bit sexy and always make me feel smiley for the day. I catch them in my perferal vision as I walk and they are a reminder to myself that I am all woman, but with a wicked side too.

I also think that red shoes go with most outfits, you can play them down with jeans, wear them to the office, or dress them up to go out in..they should be girly, if sparkles on all the better (think Dorothy)...but most of all they should make you smile.

This is why I think every girl should own a pair of red shoes...for those times when your feeling stressed, they are a reminder to just chill...if your feeling a little down, red is a great pick me up colour, if your feeling confident, you can stride with pride my friends!!

Above is my latest pair of red shoes...in saying that red shoes go with everything, I may wait to wear these little numbers as I want to wear them with something that will show them off to perfection!!!

SO my question / thought for this entry is, when was the last time you wore a pair of red shoes....or what is your "pick me up" technique?

No comments:

Post a Comment