Thursday 14 May 2009

happy love Thursday ...this for our small world!!!



Happy late Love Thursday everyone.

This week has been an amazing week for me.
16 years ago I went abroad for my very first time, this week I went abroad again...hmmm constant traveller (this is due to my claustrophobia). My husband had to go to Germany with work so I went with him.

Got the ferry to Calais and then onto to Brugge for a visit and then onto where we were staying....very long journey.

I was like a child saying really mature things like "oohhh a French cow" and "oohhhh look a little French farm house"...after the 3rd country I can safely say that this sort of this was no longer being said!!

5 countries in one day...knackering. England, France, Belgium, Holland and then Germany...wow.

We only got back yesterday so I am still very very tired.

It was a complete adventure for me. I spent the day on my own in a little town where hardly anyone could speak English and I felt very isolated and ignorant at times but was made to feel completely welcome by the town. With lots of hand gestures and miming I managed to do rather alot of shopping and sight seeing!!!

So this love Thursday is to the small world that we live in and also to confidence one gets from doing something strange and rather difficult at times!!!

1 comment:

  1. Did Theo go with you?

    It's definitely one of the things about Europe, you can be in a different country (or two or three) after two or three hours driving. In New South Wales, you can drive for 12 hours and still be in the same state! (It's even worse for Western Australia, you can drive for 12 hours and still not see your first bend in the road!)

    ReplyDelete