Thursday 9 July 2009

love on love Thursday


I have a deep down dark secret that some would say isn't as deep down as I may think....I love, adore and whoop for joy at ....... weddings.
I am one of those sad people that Love looking at wedding pictures and I cry at weddings, be it a family member getting hitched or a friend or even on TV...I cry with proper tears.

So, one might be forgiven if you think that at my own wedding I was a blubbering wreck...on the contrary my dear friends, I laughed, the whole way through!
I laughed whilst walking the isle, I laughed whilst saying the vows, I was almost hysterical when I said my husbands very long name, in fact, the only time I shed a tear is when a very dear friend read a poem for us.

I loved my wedding day for the fact that all of my nearest and very dearest were there to celebrate with us. We had about 30 people there as we only wanted people there who would celebrate our exchange of vows and not just there for a party. It was a beautiful day and everyone says they still talk about it. I was 5 months pregnant and I am thankful that in some small way my son was present.

At the end of the evening, after a large amount of alcohol was drunk (not by me), I was getting tired so went for a little lie down (we got married and had the reception at the green bank hotel in Falmouth), when I got back into the reception the band were doing "you can leave your hat on" About 6 male friends were dancing and parading as though they were in the full monty film!!! classic, we have it all recorded to add to their shame!!

And this is where Love on love Thursday comes in....
I have a few friends that are in serious relationships and I am desperate for them to get engaged so I can start planning!!! I also add that I have never ever been a bridesmaid (being 2 and stumbling up the isle in a very pink and very frilly dress does not count) and so I am desperate to be a matron of honour. I drop subtle hints like, "I would look fantastic in an empire full length green dress" and "I have the best hen days plan", subtle.

So I dedicate this love Thursday not necessarily to those little things that have made ME appreciate life this week, but to all those people that have new love, the kind of love that is all consuming in passion and exploration of a partners mind and sole. The sort of thing that makes your stomach lurch at the very thought and is both exciting and scary all at the same time. The sort of love that I still have for my husband.

Its our 6 th wedding anniversary next week and we have been together for 10 years this week. i love that man more than I care to express, I don't always show it but I worship the ground that man walks on, I love watching him sleep as I know when he is asleep he is care free, I love to have him cuddle me all up as I feel so safe in his arms, I love the way he makes me tingle with desire and I love the way he looks at me....I simply love Nathan.

So this is to your my "in love" friends. For those of you who have never had this love, you will.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Happy Love Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm I am one of your friends that keeps having the (not) subtle hints dropped - I'm sure he should have run a mile by now!!!

    ReplyDelete