Thursday 23 July 2009

Love Thursday - to my friends

Recently I decided that I like who I am.
This may seem strange to some that at the grand old age of 32, I have only just realized it, but there we go!!!..This is what I came up with....I am a nice person, I like who I am and what I do and generally what I am all about, because I know who I am - I don't need someone telling me, I know what I do makes me happy and I don't have the dread of going to work in the morning, I understand me and appreciate my likes and dislikes and I don't need to be a chameleon to fit with someone else - and because I felt the need to scrutinise myself makes me think of all of my dear friends that would say exactly the right thing had I told them the situation I found myself in...so it is for this reason that I dedicate this Love Thursday to each and every friend.

To all my friends out there, I thank you from the bottom of my soul for always being "there" for me.

I adore meeting new people and sharing experiences with them.

Last night I went to a friends house to attend a clothes swapping party. You may have heard of these, basically you grab a heap of clothes intended for the charity shop, take them to said party and literally dump them on a table!! it was such a hoot and came back with clothes that about 7 other women had tried on and some that I would never look at in a shop!

I met some really funny, wity and adorably people last night who just made the evening.

There was an element of frenzy when we all dumped our clothes onto the table, but it soon calmed down and once some vino was drunk we were all trying on things that were too big / too small or just down right dangerous for us to wear!! But it was all done with a lot of teasing a massive dose of laughter.

I hold all my friends on a pedestal for all of their individual perfections, I have a friend who moved from London to little old leamington - she Knew no one and had 2 kids to get into school and take care of...she is now one of the happiest people I know...another friend moved to Spain and is such a dedicated mother that she is coming back so her daughter can do more studying over here and doesn't want to be without her....another friend recently gave up EVERYTHING to follow a dream - and a bloody good life she is leading now...another friend is just perfectly calm in any given situation nothing seems to faze her....so many people, so many personalities I find each and every one of them special and I couldn't survive without all of their gossip!!

So this love thursday goes out to all of my friends that I have known, know now and will know in the future - I take my hat off to you all...and thanks for sharing you life with me.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Rebecca. I consider you a very dear friend too. I know you are there for me - and the girls, and for that I thank you. Love to you and the boys on Love Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Love Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for finding yourself at the ripe old age of 32! Life is a discovery process and I'm a bit older than you and find new ones everyday. Here's to the journey! Happy Love Thursday.

    ReplyDelete