Thursday 2 July 2009

i'm being tested for swine flu

Remember the other day when I was bragging and I mentioned that I have a "sniffle"?
well that sniffle has turned into big flu. I ache - everywhere...I would laugh if I didn't think my head would split open in pain.

My husband called NHS direct yesterday to see about the whole swine flu thing and very non committal the nurse said that she would sent out a testing kit - by post, it may get sent it may not!! I wonder how many cases of swine flu have gone un detected because the kit hasn't been sent. Apparently you have to stick some sort of pipette up your nasal canal, take a sample and then post it back...ergh, I have lots of stuff in my nasal canal that I can take a sample of!!!

My symptoms are as follows...my head has a lightening bolt of pain going thru it every time I move my head...I feel like putting a tampon into each nasal passage just to stop the flow of luminous green snot coming out, my shoulders ache, my back feels battered and bruised, i have lead legs and my feet feel like I have walked the length of the UK on them. this is note a good time for me and no position that I sit or lie in is comfy.

I managed to get down stairs this morning on my own as hubby was off to work (after doing the school run) He said that he would only go to work if i could get up to go to the toilet and also be able to get myself a drink and something to eat.

Ha, i love a challenge. needing a pee, I took the opportunity to prove that I am an independent 30 something and so off I went...got half way up stairs and needed to have a little rest, had my pee and was hungry so I decided to make myself some toast, so I managed to get myself down stairs...little rest on the couch...bread in toaster, buttered toast and sat down, this took about 20 minutes or so!

Hmmppphhhh toast smelt lovely, problem was I was too knackered and exhausted from my little escapade that I couldn't summon the energy to eat the goddam toast. Hubby asked for the truth if I was gonna by OK for him to go to work...I cried, like a child...how pathetic is that...then the head splitting pain came back with a vengeance.

the time of writing this is 9.31 and it has already been a fairly hectic day...I'm going to sleep now and will await the postman for my swine flu test kit..damn those bugs.

So my thought / question for this entry is...how are you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment