Tuesday 30 June 2009

i'm bragging and I know it tra la la

It suddenly hit me yesterday that I have a damn near perfect life!!! But I must confess that I don't always appreciate it.

This is the list of my appreciation of life, please note that it is NOT in order of importance.

We have enough money to tide us over...don't get me wrong we aint rich by any means, but we are doing ok.
I have a great son who is getting complements from his teachers, admittedly he can be a little bugger at times, but can't we all?
I only work 2 afternoons a week plus one day till 3pm...so I have the work / life balance right.
I have got the whole of the summer off to spend hanging with my son.
I have some really exciting times ahead with training to be a journalist.
My friends that I have around me are honourable, kind and supportive, and ALWAYS know what to say at the right time.
My parents are the best parents that a person could wish for, again we have our moments but it would be boring without them!!!
I adore my husband with a passion and worship the ground he walks on! He is the most sexiest man in the world and understands my little "quirks", for instance, at the moment I have a little sniffle but am convinced that I have swine flu...he knows what I am like and just kind of kicks me up the ass a little. He is also a very kind man (today I received a box of goodies from my favourite spa company!).
My home is not as big as I would like but then I weigh up the house work that would be required for a bigger home...hmmm I'll stick with the size I have for now!
My extended family are all really nice people who I get on with really well and I am proud to be their family from my brother to my in-laws...I hope I appreciate them all in their individual ways (I am sure they would tell me if I didn't!)

But to sum up my life, I am surrounded by love, friendship, kindness, laughter, seriousness when required, comfort and understanding...not bad for just one person eh?

So my thought / question for this entry is...what are you thankful for TODAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment