Thursday 18 June 2009

Love Thursday very very proud of........me!


well hello there.

Apologies for not writing sooner but I have been writing for a local paper and also seriously concentrating on my little books....no excuse, I know but there you have it!

This year I decided enough was enough and that I was going to get rid of my fatty body for ever. I have played with diets in the last 2 years and to cut a very long story short, I couldn't be bothered and would loose about 2 pound come off the diet and then pile more weight on...a down ward spiral.

The Summer is here and heat we have been experiencing, but what to wear when one feels like an elephant, one can't cover up with big baggy jeans and an over sized jumper anymore....yes there have been tears.

I am not the sort of person that gets down about their weight and then goes to the fridge to console herself, the simple fact of the matter is, I like junk food...love it and much prefer it to a plate of rabbit food (salad). I like the quickness of takeaways.

So anyway, I made a direct decision last week to do it, once and for all. So off I went to what I call "fat club", paid my money, got on the scales and very nearly fell back off them again! I was officially the heaviest I have EVER been in my intire life (apart from when I was growing my son)...disgusted in myself doesn't quite cut it. After the weigh in you have a bit of a chat, as a group, with the consultant. The whole time I was sat there I just wanted to cry.

I went home really rather depressed and then it hit me, like a shining ray of "i get it". If I was feeling so low about being fat and over weight,,,then do something about it!!! and boy did I.

Some situations have arose over the past week that I could easily gone back to my old ways....round a friends house and a pizza was ordered...yummmmm, but I raided my friends cupboards and resisted the pizza by eating healthy food...at a peace festival, everyone had ice creams...I resisted....I took my own lunch instead of getting food there....very very proud.

I have felt empowered this week, I have taken control back.

So last night was my first official weigh in and get this people...I LOST 5 POUNDS...I one week!!!! Again, I nearly fell off the scales but for a good reason.
The trick is now to keep up with it and keep going. Granted I have wanted to eat crisps till they come out of my ears and eat chocolate till I own the Wonka factory, but control is where its at for me now!!!!

So my dear friends, this love Thursday I am dedicating it to ones self. Enjoy all of yourself and if you need to, take back that control and do what you need to do to make yourself happy and satisfied.

Please leave your love Thursday links or comments.

3 comments:

  1. there must be a theme. my love thursday post has a similar message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations and happy love thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing the new you soon!
    Keep it up, it can be done, but it's tough!

    ReplyDelete