Wednesday 25 March 2009

I am taking action

My biggest thing this year is to get rid of my weight..there is alot of it.
In line with this, I today, joined a slimming club - which shall remain nameless.
It was fun. At the start they introduce new members (me) and ask why are we joining - what other answer can one come up with other than...I'm fat and want to loose weight??
This didn't go down to well, I think she was expecting some sort of explanation like i am loosing baby weight (5 years of baby weight, I think not), or I have a big wedding to attend (already done that this year), but no, I sat there and told the truth like my mamma taught me!

Anyway, I have a 4 different diet, or lifestyle chooses as they call it, to follow. I'm confused as to what I can eat with what and when and how much and of what colour...taking a breath now.

Apparently, on one of the "lifestyle choose plans2 on woman lost 10 pounds in one week - bring it on!! Although I really don't think 10 pounds in 1 week is healthy though do you??

In total I want to get rid of about 28 pounds / 2 stone worth of extra blubber..I know I can do it if I apply myself as I have done it before...something tells me it will be very different this time round though!!
But in saying that I feel good already. I feel good because it means I am taking control of this area of my life...empowered.

So here I go...get rid of 10 pounds first and then go from there is the plan, but if that goes OK then I will go for the 2 stone weight loss.

So my thought / question for this entry is...we are nearly 4 months in to the new year and how is your new years resolutions going???

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck - not just for joining the slimming club but embarking on such a life changing process as reviewing what you eat on a daily basis. Not sure I could do it but then I'm one of those annoying people who can eat like a pig and remain looking like a beanpole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya!! well done you for joining up i started at slimming world in january and i have lost half a stone till now which could have been more but im only losing approx 2lbs a week which i hear is about right coz the more you lose at once the harder it is too keep it off for good. it is very hard to remeber what you can and cant eat and what things you can have when and what measurements you can have . i bet by the time you go again you will be surprised by how much you have lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, You are one of the people exactly like my husband!! he can eat a cooked breakfast and then a full meal for lunch and then come home and have another cooked meal and some how loose weight...

    Jo, thank you for your support and the way I have been eating I am fully expecting to loose about a stone when I go back!!!

    ReplyDelete