Wednesday 1 April 2009

the first weigh in



(this is a cake that I made for my friends birthday, of which I would love to sink my teeth into right now> I thought the image appt for this entry!)


Over the past week I have had a range of emotions and my body has gone through a state of complete shock!
The emotions have been pride at the fact that I seem to have stuck to the eating plan, grief for the food I can no longer consume, knackered due to all the walking that I have done, and tired...just tired.
My body however, is not amused. So used to crisps and delicious crusty white bread with a very nice coarse pate, that it has been screaming at me. But I do feel better (it may be placebo) on the inside.

This week I have eaten 12 apples, 7 banana's a ton of carrots, a whole swede, broccoli (of which I hate, but apparently its packed with good stuff), an amount of water that keeps me needing a wee, enough fat free yoghurt's to feed a small army, 2 punnets of strawberries, all fat has been cut off my meat....so pretty good for me. I have weighed and measured and written down all that I have eaten...no small task...I have checked and re-checked the fat content and added up what is ok to eat....in short, my food and what it contained has dominated my week!!

The exercise has been fantastic. I am not a lover of the gym, I find it incredibly boring and I am not the sort of person that can really take the elite that are gym goers...they are in a league all of their own aren't they???
I have walked my little socks off this week and feel really good for it. It does seem the more exercise you do the more energy you have...go figure. But when I get into my bed at night I feel as though I am taking a well earned rest...brilliant.

So off I went today with my new hobby (food) and my new priority (exercise) fully expecting to loose about 4 pounds....2 AND A HALF POUNDS...I mean, I have worked bloody hard this week for 2 and a half pounds???? enough said about that.

I think that if I am not careful this week I will be back to square one. Anything less than maybe 7-8 pounds is such a fragile weight loss and go can back on with one binge week.

So I press on and continue with a slightly miffed heart.

My thought / question for this entry is....what in your life have you tried really really hard at but, right at the finishing post has annoyed you???

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing brilliantly by the sounds of it. And what torture / strength of resolve to make a fabulous cake like that and not even try a small morsel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thank you steve...I have to admit that i did have a bit of a blow out day!!

    ReplyDelete