Tuesday 21 April 2009

hmm sunshine and a bit of a moan

I have a confession to make....I love the sun. But this passion is very temperamental.

Right now the sun is shinning but its not too hot. Its the sort of temperature where you can go out and do stuff, like gardening or go for a long walk without feeling like you will get heat exhaustion....my kind of sunshine exactly.

I love the sun but hate having to work in it, I like to sit out in the garden and read a good book whilst lounging around. I hate flies when sitting out reading a good book. I love to get a nice healthy looking tan, I hate getting sun burnt, which I do, no matter what sun screen I use...then go in the shower and feel like a thousand needles are sticking in my skin from where the water hits my tender red bits.
I love to swim in outdoor pools on holiday in the sun, I hate the amount of chlorine they put in the pool and can't stand the thought of swimming in someones pee.
I love lounging on the beach in the blazing hot but hate the way sand sticks to places that you didn't even think you had. I love the fact that the sun naturally bleaches my hair but hate the sticky feeling that you get in your hair line. I love summery clothes but hate the fact that unless you are a size 12 or less you just look like a very white blamonge in said clothes.

So all in all I simply love to lounge in my beautiful back garden where I can wear what I want, do what I want and smell however I damn well please but delight in the fact that if I get too hot or too smelly I can just jump in the shower and get refreshed!!!
A friend of mine said that she is very aware of what she is wearing in her garden as the neighbours might look over, I say sod it...its your land, let em look...they shouldn't be eyeballing you any-way!!!

I feel alive when the sun is shinning and spend luxury time just stretching out my limbs.
People seem friendlier when its nice and warm instead of being cold and rushing to get to their destination and running to get warm again. my husband and I can take our son to the park and spend hours their instead of silently thinking that he will complain he is cold so that we can get back in doors again!!
I laugh at the way ice cream suddenly becomes acceptable to eat again and also becomes a regular in our diets!!!
I love the way the flowers grow from being dormant and I purposely brush pass them so that they release their scent.
But one thing that I do find amusing and mildly affronted at his skinny, ghost white men walking down the street with their shirt off and tucked into their quarter length shorts with socks on and trainer clad feet...please men, I beg of you,only do that if your body is actually worth showing off to the world...the others, only do it in your back garden!!!

A poem I feel is required here...here's a part of a poem by wordsworth:-

The rainbow comes and goes,
And lovely is the rose;
The moon doth with delight
Look round her when the heavens are bare;
Waters on a starry night
Are beautiful and fair;
The sunshine is a glorious birth;
But yet I know, where'er I go,
That there hath pass'd away a glory from the earth...


Oh my dear dear sunishine, please don't leave until the leaves turn golden brown

So over to you, my fantastic readers...give me your thoughts and feeling towards the sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. Being a Leo the sun is my sign (if Linda Goodman is to be believed) and I am certainly at my best in the summer months when we actually get some sunshine... but like you I'm very picky about it; it's got to be the right kind of sunshine - not too hot, not to weak, not to blinding (the angle must be right)... etc. I'm just a fussy bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve - thank you for taking part in my moan!! - I think being British has something to do with it

    ReplyDelete