Thursday 2 April 2009

Love thursday...oh my beloved, I will see thee soon.



this is a photo of the last rock off lands end.

Happy love Thursday everyone.

Tomorrow night my husband, child, and me will be travelling down to Cornwall, the land that has captured my heart and sole.

The trip down takes for-ever, approximately 5-6 hours on a good day...and it's boring. The best part of the journey is stopping at Exeter services for snacks as they have a Marks and Spencer there!!.
The journey is packed with landmarks as we make our way down, I look out for them and get ever more excited as I spot them.

I first went to Cornwall with my husband about 10 years ago. We didn't have a car so heavily relied upon my mother-in-law for transport, at this point I didn't really know her that well but soon got to!!! The love affair was instant.

We then had our very first holiday in a cute little B&B in St Ives and the love just grew.

I love the people, the pace of life, the smell of the air, the scenery, the out door way of life, but best of all...some of my husbands family live there and I love each and every one of them.

When we go we normally stay with my sister-in law, Kate. She is a fantastic woman and I seem to laugh the whole time that I am there..her husband is such a hoot and her 2 wonderful daughters just take my son off with them and I never see him!!! he is always playing with "the girlies". He will only get dressed when the girlies do in case he misses something or won't go to bed until they do, the youngest is just 18 months older than Theo and the oldest if 5 years older, so they all get on tremendously well.

We have been counting how many sleeps to go for the past month!!! now it's only one more sleep but he has to go to school as normal tomorrow...god help his teachers as the child is already wired about the holiday!!

I would love to move down there and would move right now if I thought that we could get work relevant to what we do.
My husband once took me for a drive round the none holiday towns once to show me that some parts aren't as nice as the holiday towns. True they didn't have that holiday feel about them but I have rose tinted glasses on when it comes to Cornwall, almost blinkered!!! His trick back fired as the villages were surrounded by breath taking country side, I had visions of 3 of us trekking come rain or shine...that's what wet weather gear is for ...right?

So this love Thursday I dedicate to Cornwall.

Please leave links to your love Thursday.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! I've heard that Cornwall is a lovely place. It's on the list of places I hope to someday visit.
    We also count "how many sleeps until" at our house. My children are currently counting "how many sleeps until we see cousins and grandparents at Easter."
    Happy Love Thursday!
    Sara
    http://www.sara-quesarasara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds simply beautiful! I have secret places I love to visit like that, and the feelings that come to your heart when you think of them are beyond descriptions. You've done a great job capturing it!

    Happy Love Thursday and have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Love Thursday!

    I was out adventuring on my LT as well! Cornwall sounds like a place I would love to visit. The way you tell of it, I can see why you love it so.

    http://www.journeywildly.com/2009/04/love-thursday_02.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm envious. I went to Cornwall for the first time ever a couple of years ago and we stayed in Marazion with a fabulous view of St Michael's Mount. It totally coverted me and I can't wait to return (once the young one is a little older).

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh have a wonderful "Reunion" ~ HLT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image! Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Love Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to you all...I hope you have had a wonderful Love Thursday...take care all my fellow bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Global Aircraft specializes in Ferrying Transport Category Aircraft anywhere in the world. We provide a hassle-free, full service ferry.

    Includes:

    * Ferry Permit with DAR Signoff
    * TSA Permit
    * Fuel
    * Flight Planning
    * Ground Handling
    * Overflight and Landing Permits
    * Crew and Hotels

    Our highly experienced crews operate anywhere in the world, including volatile Mid-East and Hazardous Locations Visit our site http://www.globalaircraftllc.com

    ReplyDelete