Monday 2 March 2009

so hmmm how are you

it seems that all is not well in my head.

About 5 months ago I had to take time off from work to "rest". This was due to the fact that I kept passing out. It was diagnosed at the time as being labrynthitis which is basically an inner ear problem which stopps your brain knowing which was is up. But it went and I had (almost) forgotten about it.
That was until Thursday when I passed out again. I have to say that it did scare me. So I went to go and see my GP on Thursday who sent me straight up to the hospital to get it checked out once and for all, lucky me.
I was a complete drain on the resources of the NHS and had every test done. I am trying to view this as a good thing, if there was anything else wrong with me they would have found it. I had a CT scan of my head,a chest x-ray, a full nerve check, an ECG for 5 minutes and various blood tests - all coming back nice and healthy.
So the final doctor came along and said that I have to go and get an EEG of my brain done....good luck on that one! At the moment they are unsure as to whether it is an inner ear problem or maybe - and this is where it gets a bit scary - epilepsy.
On the upside of things, I am having a really productive week, the results of my very exciting week shall be made available to you all in August.

I am on the verge of a very exciting time in my life, and I simply refuse to take my fainting attacks seriously at the moment. I know some of you will tell me to listen to my body and to take heed, but right now I am having whey to much fun. And if I stop and think about what is happening I may get very upset...and who wants that eh?
A friend asked me the other day about my funny turns and not only did I think that this was a really nice of putting it but I suddenly realised that I am now of the age where I can have funny turns...I think I am getting old.

When I was in hospital, I said to my husband "we vowed to be together is sickness and in health, we also said to each other that we would grow old together, well my darling, we are...we are getting older". It was almost like a revelation and I became all nice and warm inside. The new wrinkle, a few new grey hairs, gravity has taken over and we still love each other.

So my thought for this entry is not how are you, but more along the lines of - what are you now of an age to get away with...a bit like the poem when I am old I shall wear purple???

But I do hope that you are all fighting fit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm old enough to spend the whole day feeling grumpy. But then I was always a curmudgeon even when I was a teen.

    Keeping fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Steve...and feeling grumpy is where its at!!

    ReplyDelete