Tuesday 24 February 2009

and so, I had to bid farewell



Saturday was a very sad day for me. The car went to it's retirement home....yeah right.

When I woke on Saturday morning, I had this feeling of foreboding and whilst I lay there, I couldn't remember why. Then it hit me, like a big bang hit me.

My little whistling car was going to the breakers. With a little tear in my eye, I was ready to face the day.
It was a beautiful, sunny, spring morning that one couldn't feel sad. So I went outside and took some photo's of the doomed car and said my farewell.
And off my husband took it. I simply couldn't go, it was too sad for me, but i waited at home with a cup of tea and my son to keep me company.

It was such a beautiful day that we decided to go to our favourite lunch place with some friends and then take our son and their son to the park. Where I saw carpets of flowers, the first squirell of the year and lots of smiling happy people.

But, alas, it was a bit of a down day for me.

When the first day of spring comes its rather hard not to feel light and happy, as though the blinkers have been taken off.
It does make me laugh, that first day though. People clearly have no idea what to wear (and yes, I do appreciate that's a very girly thing to say). Some people were wearing their full coats with scarfs and big foot wear, others were in t-shirts and some even had sandals on - slight wishful thinking!!

The onto Sunday, Sunday was a bit of an odd day, a bit like the calm after a storm. The weather wasn't as great, and everyone seem to be a bit "ooohhhh wheres it gone". My husband, bless him, realising that the day before had upset me, let me have a bit of a lie in.

Now, you would think that maybe I got breakfast in bed or something sweet like that..nooooo. I woke up to the sound of "loving in an elevator, living it up when your goin dowwwwwwwnnnnnnn" and lots of what I interpreted as thumping noises.
On further investigation I find my 30 something husband and my 5 year old MOSHING. I have to ask, how old is the legal consent to mosh with ones father, I thought it must be those god awful teenage years, right?
And after that, when things had calmed down in my house, I asked my son to tidy his room - he then declared "my life's over" - HE'S 5, not, as you may be forgiven on thinking, 13.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell...the ups, the downs and the down right weird.

So my thought for this entry is - how was your weekend my dear friends?

2 comments:

  1. Tis always sad to lose a loved one... but you wouldn't have wanted him to suffer would you? He's better off in that clean motorway in the sky where there are no speed limits and it's legal to run over traffic wardens...

    ReplyDelete