Friday 6 February 2009

tis back again!!





As I said before, the snow brings out the child in everyone, and yesterday I was completely in contact with my inner child.

The school had closed and my husband was stuck so it was the 3 of us at home. Husband was working so no help with child, so I made the corporate decision...its sledging time!!!.
During my husbands lunch break we trotted off to our local park. It is a bit of a walk but I don't think any of us minded as the park as some hills which when walking up them really get the heart pumping, so great for seldging!!
We went with a friend and her 2 little girls. All of us had a great time, I haven't laughed like that in ages. The hills were packed with people but everyone was in fine form and polite enough to move as I careered down the hill with no control over direction...needless to say, I was the one doing most of the falling off.

On the way to the park I took the above picture, and I have to say that I am really rather pleased with it. The man on the barge was most friendly, waving at us as he chugged away. Having a digital camera I was able to view my pictures and as I said was rather pleased with my efforts, the barge went under the bridge and low and behold the name of the barge was called....Rebecca!!! - how perfect is that? - again I went into child like mode jumping around telling all that the barge was named after me personally!

For the last couple of days I have been feeling rather poo. A bit like having a cold but no outward symptoms...just a feeling of a sore throat and my limbs feeling heavier that they should be. So Today when I woke up, it truly felt as though my throat had self combusted and as though there was a rather large alien trying to get out of my skull....I am not at work today. I was feeling very sorry for myself when my husband declared that the school was closed again. I love my son, he is my world and I adore him, but when I am feeling as bad as I am the last thing I really want to do is play mum...but here I am on all kinds of cold remedies trying to be perky...do you think its working yet?? Husabnd made it into work today...typical.

So onto the thought for this entry, what brings out your inner child??

2 comments:

  1. Know how you feel. I love my boys very much but when I'm ill I need space to recover and rest properly or I'm no good to anyone.

    Love the canal shot - know that part of Leam very well. Shame all the snow has turned into dirty slush now though... makes you realize how much pollution is around though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its also very very slippery outside my house, so today we are all hibernating!!! good food and good DVD's is where its at!!!

    ReplyDelete