Wednesday 11 February 2009

don't fret people I am now all OK

so the pain that I felt yesterday was second to none, the hardest thing was going up and down the stairs to the loo, I have to say that I waited a while before I went / had to go!!

Today I am still sore but managed to walk around a little and the stairs do not feel like Mount Everest any more. Even better news is I didn't take leave of my senses and Davina Mccall did not get an email from me or from anyone supporting my "sod off exercises Liberation front" supporters.

So tomorrow I will try again and will, hopefully, not push myself too hard. I have a really exciting weekend planned and don't want to spoil it by self inflicted pain.

I also didn't eat crap yesterday or today, so bring on Sunday when I weigh myself again. Although when my son got home from school all he wanted to do was bake a chocolate cake with a chocolate icing in the middle and also spread all over the cake. This is something that all the will power in the world can't get me through.

This got me thinking about when I was a kid helping my mother bake, it was always fun!! I bought a new kitchen toy the other day and with it came an electric wisker!!hmmm

So I laid out all the ingredience and steered him through the recipe (he's rather good) and then I had a genius idea of getting the new gadget out!! What a laugh, the mixture went EVERYWHERE, I swear, I will be finding the ingredience around myy kitchen forever more!! But we got through with much more hilarity.

The cake has been baked and is now cooling waiting for its clothing of chocolate topping.

I have to say that both cake and icing would be much bigger / more if my sone and I hadn't of eaten the raw mixture to the extent that we did...he's 5, what's a mother to do, say no???

So help me be silently willing me NOT TO EAT THE CAKE...c'mon the size zero figure!!

My thought for this entry is did you help your parents bake / cook? was it a happy affair? did you like the bowl like we did so unashamdedly?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, my mother was always happy to let me do baking. Flapjacks were my particular favourite. It served me very well when I went to boarding school and later university, as I wasn't afraid to cook something more than baked beans on toast :-) Cooking is probably the one useful thing I contribute round the house now that I'm married too.

    Scraping the leftovers off the side of the bowl afterwards is cook's prerogative. Scrummy lickings!

    Good luck with the diet btw. I fear I'm going to have to hit the gym before long, middle age and a relatively sedentary lifestyle is slowly catching up with me. I lost about 8kg before leaving the UK, hopefully I can do the same here.

    ReplyDelete