Tuesday 10 February 2009

oh the pain...the pain I tell you

So on my conquest to get rid of 10 pounds, I decided to do an almighty workout yesterday.
It was fantastic, I kept up and did all that was required of me with the DVD and felt really alive after wards.

They say (the medical people) that when you excersise the body releases endorphins into your system which make you feel happy....I have always thought that this was some white lie, that you have to excersise non stop for about 3 hours or something to feel the effect of those endorphines. But I have to say that after my workout of just 30 minutes I felt bloody marvelous and went to work yesterday in a really good mood, the sort of mood that carries you through the day.

So I had big plans of doing another 30 mintue workout again today, to get me to the target of a 10 pound weight loss.

Hmmmmph, my body, however, has other ideas. I blame and solely blame Davina McCall for the pain that I am in today. It hurts, I mean truly - without questions hurts.
My Husband thought it highly amusing and in his eyes was the laugh of a thousand people, but bless him, he didnt outwardly laugh - I love him.

I am having trouble, standing, walking, sitting down, getting back up again. My thighs feel dead except for when I try to exert them then they feel really painful. When I walk it looks like I have poo'd myself because i do not want to put any weight onto either leg...not a good look really.

So today I am going to eat crap and sit on my arse watching TV all day feeling very sorry for myself and my thighs and will try to find an email address for wicked with of the west Davina McCall to tell her of my thigh blight...please no laughing.

Oh I wish I could just sit on my bum all day and do nothing, but life presses on. My husbnd has this notion that if I keep my legs moving they will get easier to move...He did say this with laughter tears in his eyes though.

So today will be a sort of sitting down day, I am taking the oppurtinuty to write and read and everynow and again move my poor legs.

So my thought for this entry is...have you ever dont a sports injury (and no I do not think "sports injury" is taking it too far) and did people laugh????

1 comment:

  1. Aw don't give up and don't blame dear Davina - the pain you feel is the "newness" of the excercise; keep at it and after a while you'll get used to it and won't feel half as much pain (says someone who has never excercised in their entire life...)

    ReplyDelete