Friday 20 February 2009

wow - what a week and some sad news.


Don't grow attached to things because the bubble of love will burst. Read on for it to make sense.......!!!!!




All I can say is...I am sorry for not writing sooner. I have an excuse, this week has been manic!!!

So, we went to the wedding on Sunday which was magical. It was everything that one could want from a wedding. An excellent exchange of vows, excellent food, funny and endearing speeches, a good old jig on the dance floor and new people to meet all set in the most beautiful surroundings - my idea of a great time.

Then back to reality on Monday, we picked up our son and basically hung out on Monday. Tuesday my son and I went on a dinosaur walk at ryton pools, brilliant time. Wednesday saw us back at ryton pools to go den building, I am not sure who enjoyed this the most most - kids or adults!!!...again a great time. That night my son had 2 friends for a sleep over - they went to bed at about 8.30pm and woke at 5 am!!! tired but very very mental boys!!! we then went off to see the chuckle brothers in the afternoon on Thursday and then today, I was at work so my boys had a man day.

This week has been filled with laughter and naughtiness!!! we have had so much fun. My son and I used to just hang out all the time before he started school and we very rarely get the time to do it now that the weekends are so precious. So this week we got to be mates again and yes, we got into heaps of trouble!!! the house looks like a toy bomb has gone off and we are all very very tired.

But, my dearest friends, I have some sad news, you may all want to just go make a cuppa with biscuits and then continue reading, for this will make you want to cry.

10 days after my 30th birthday I passed my driving test. It was the second test I had done and I failed the first one in total laughable style. My very generous friends gave me a car, of which I decorated with flower decals. I love that car. The freedom it gives me is liberating and, although I don't necessarily need to drive, I do when my son and I need to do..for example, swimming or taking a picnic to the park in the summer or taking his bike to the park in the winter. but...and I say this with a genuine tear in my eye..the car failed its MOT..not to worry I hear you cry... but its old, knackered and it whistles to me when at a certain speed...I love being able to say "just going to get that out of my car" or "shall I drive today", but the end is nigh.
For the last 2 MOT's it has passed (which was absurd the age of the car and the amount of miles it has done) and every time my husband has said "if it fails honey, its car history". But the little banger sailed through. Not this time.

I asked my husband what would become of my little clapped out car and he said that he will have to contact the breakers yard....whats that I naively asked.
Now a normal person, seeing that I was very upset, might have spared me the finner details of putting a car out to pasture..I imagined my car in a lush green field somewhere with others just like it, but no apparently not.
The breakers yard man comes along, and takes the car. But not to a green pasture full of the rays of sunshine with frolicking lambs in the distance, but to a bleak cold dark and damp place where...oh gosh I don't know if I can even write this - take the car apart and sell the bits for parts and then - aaahhhhhhh - crush the rest. WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO THIS???? its horrible.
I know, I know, its a lump of metal on wheels, buts its my first ever car, that I decorated with love and now some big fat hairy lump of a man will come and rape my car...is there a telephone number to the car police where I can report this atrocity??

I have to now move on to the thought part of my blog or I will just rant on forever.
Have you ever grown attached to an inanimate object that needed to be thrown out but you just simply couldn't????

sniff sniff

2 comments:

  1. Commiserations! I think your car should be allowed to join the army and sign up for kamikazi missions so that it can go out with some style and purpose. Or you could offer it to Richard Hammond so that it can be crashed through a caravan or something (they seem to do that a lot). The end may be nigh but he/she'd go out on a showbiz high... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh iklle old sexy richard hammond in my car...ohhh could i be handling the gear stick at the same time??
    but alas, the car would still be dead.

    ReplyDelete