Wednesday 28 January 2009

bored bored bored.......

I want to go outside and feel the sunshine on my face, to wear clothes that are of a nice thin flattering fabric rather wrapping up with the end result of looking like the Michelin man, the winter is now officially driving me insane and i'm more than bored with it.

I want to moan that its too hot to do anything, I would give anything not to have the heating on all day long, to go for a walk without getting rained on or blue because its sooo cold, I want to look at the blue sky and form shapes out of the cloud's...not look out of the window and see a grey, cold, wet nasty day.

On the way back from dropping Theodore off out at school, I tried to convince myself that I liked the rain, that it cleaned everything and made all the roads glisten, I tried to make little mad stories up that there was creatures living in the puddles and that the puddles needed to be that colour of brown in order for the creatures to have their parties in....I failed, I hate the rain in winter.

On the other hand, I love the rain after a hot summers day. The smell of the rain, the way it makes you feel after you have been hot all day, that's the only time that it feels like its cleansing....not a constant British drizzle.

I think everyone gets a bit blah about the weather at this time of year. I can guarantee that all Brits will be praying for any kind of warmth about now.

So I have made a decision. Those of you who know me will know that flying is one of my biggest fears, I have had therapy and this had made things more manageable, not easier mind you. So the decision I have made is next February, no matter what, We 3 are going to go somewhere warm for a week or 2...not too far away though, maybe Greece or something??!?!?!?
I figured that we are all recovering from Christmas in January and in March we are all reaching for the warmer weather, so February looks good.

When the warmer weather comes, its like blinking away the dark, its like a really good stretch after an excellent nights sleep, the first day of warm is so exciting that we inevitably head straight for the shops to re-stock the summer wardrobe, only for the warm weather to last one single day!!

So, my friends, I am looking - maybe - ish - to up sticks and re-locate to somewhere with a better climate. I go through this every year around this time. I log on and start searching various places and the weather there throughout the year. For me Australia is a big no no, if there is anything to bite, it always bites me and Australia has far to many things like that for my liking....not sure where to go but if you have any suggestions please let me know.

My thought for today....is there anything you like about the gloomy drizzle weather??

2 comments:

  1. Oi! There's nothing wrong with Australia, I've yet to be bitten by anything bigger than a mosquito, and I'm England's biggest biting-thing-magnet :-)

    I would describe how we're suffering through 40C+ temperatures at the moment, but you might try to hit me.

    If you really want to up sticks to somewhere pleasant, then New Zealand may be a good bet, if you don't mind the long commute. It's got most of the world's major scenery, with only a few million people to get in the way.

    As for looking on the bright side, all those long cold gloomy drizzly days are the perfect excuse to snuggle up to someone nice with a big cup of your favourite warm drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, thank you for that Dave the rave, how kind and sickly sweet you are. I have been looking into NZ for the outdoor life mainly and the fact that naths skillsets are sought after there.....and there is a limit as to how much tea and cuddles one can have!!

    ReplyDelete