Sunday 25 January 2009

having fun.....

Today, my husband and I took our son ice skating, along with us was our friends and 2 beautiful girls.

To say it was just mere fun would be not doing the experience justice. It was such a laugh but very achy with it!! we rented boots from the centre which were stiff and cut into our feet in various places.

I started off with what I called a "clinger", which meant that I was grabbing hold of the side rail for dear life, my husband had hold of my child and none of us 3 fell over (a great achievement on our part). Over the period of being on the ice I became a little more confident and I went round the rink without being a clinger and I have to say I am very very proud of myself!!! So this I shall call the first sport to try (see new years resolutions) with 2 more to go.
My friend and I laughed that my husband looked like Bamby on ice, he has these really long legs!! But he excudes confidence and I have not seen him try a new thing without adapting and being good at it....hmmpphhh

The centre provides a course of 6 lessons and my husband and I are seriously thinking that the 3 of us could take lessons!!! -

I say us 3 stayed on our feet, however my friend did'nt, I have warned her that I would include her into this entry so I don't think she will be too mad at me for telling you.
By the time we got to the rink there had been a fair amount of people and the ice had some large pits in it, her blades got stuck in one and she fell flat on her teeny tiny butt!! I have to say that I did a rather good job at not laughing as I did'nt want to risk falling over and joining her on the cold wet ice!! - sorry dear friend.

Her oldest daughter was a genius on the ice, there was no fear of falling over, as soon as she got on that ice she was off and there was no stopping that 8 year old!!! She fell a couple of times, smiled and got straight back up, it was perfect!!

All 7 of us then went off for something to eat at a mock New Orleans cafe thing and had good food and had a really good relaxed time, the children were just being perfect children - giggly and not eating, whilst the "grown-ups" chatted and set the world straight!!

Its soo sad that my friend and her partner are so very happy together but he is moving to Gratz for work purposes very soon. Why is it that as soon as us girls meet Mr Right a wrong situation happens where you have to completely change the dynamics of the relationship for it to continue?? My friend and her partner are a perfect couple and very strong so I am sure they will be OK.

As for me, I have the ice skating bug, it was so much fun that I highly recommend you going, but be warned the boots hurt!!

Thought for this entry, what new thing have you tried recently where you can't wait to do it again??

No comments:

Post a Comment