Saturday 24 January 2009

my friday nights....

I have had a really exciting and fantastic week this week where everything seems to be falling into place in my life....

I had some really great news this week and have been on a high since and because of this have been a little bit giddy and have forgotten some golden rules both at work and at home. I have seemed to be over emotional, so I felt the need to just settle all those emotions down with a little me time.

Every Sunday night is my night....no matter what, I make sure that I get some serious me time. I do this by taking an hour out and having a very long, hot luxurious bath with lots of lovely products that are supposed to do heavenly things to your skin, I make a cup of tea and have that whilst in the bath, I light some candes and think about the week that has been and the week ahead. I use this time to put things right in my mind that may have upset me and just ensure that they stay where they should be, in the past and I make amends with that as I can no longer do anything about it....I basically try to distance any bad feeling from the memories. I giggle about the things that have amused me and with these memories I try to keep the good emotions running through them.
I can't tell you how cranky I am if I do not have this me time the week following...I have to do it.

On a friday night, well that is strickly for me and my husband. The phones go off the computers do not get turned on and we curl up on the couch and chat or play a board game or watch a film with the lights off. A friday night always involves a really good box of chocolates and an inevitable bottle of weird named beer for my husband...I don't drink so I have a nice falvoured water or something.

Neither of these nights are ever compromised, they are set in stone as 2 nights out of 7 I make time for my husband and then myself. When you have kid/s, I think it is soooo very important to set atleast one night for your partner but that is a whole other entry for another time, maybe.

But, because I have had a fairly high emotional based week, I thought it wise that I have the Sunday night bath last night and get all that sort of stuff done with or there was no way I would be able to have the Friday night catch up.

I can report that I am now slightly more grounded and that I have worked through all the stuff that I need to, although I am still smiling like a lunatic!!

My husband and I had a wonderful night last night and, as usual after a Friday night, I love him so much more than I ever thought possible. The Friday nights are a child free night where we just become individuals that love each other unconditionally.

My thought for this entry has to be, if you are with someone, what do you do to re-ignite your flames for each other, and please be aware that I do not mean on a sexual basis but within your soul's?

No comments:

Post a Comment