Saturday 31 January 2009

its all one big mess

When my husband and I bought our house about 3 years ago, it was something that was last decorated in the 1970's! we fell in love with it instantly and could see the potential of it. Before we moved in we (and a whole heap of help) decorated it to a live-able standard...it needs doing again.

The toilet and bathroom are 2 separate rooms and, and this is where you need to visualise, pink tiles - magnolia toilet bath and sink (or champagne as its called in brochures!) and a cream coloured flooring...nice.

We have finished the toilet room and for a toilet room its beautiful, just as I wanted it.

Now its time for the bathroom. Last night we decided to take the tiles off the walls and we thought this would take forever and then the plaster behind would probably need skimming, how wrong we were. After an hour and a half work, all tiles were off because - get this - the lazy sods had tiled over wallpaper!!!

So today's exploits are going to be taking out the old bath and replacing it with my shinny new white one...I am a simple girl with simple pleasures and a shinny white new bath is a very good thing. For 3 years I have lived with a magnolia bath and I really am like a child with a new toy!!!

The mess however is a whole new concept. I cannot rest if my house is a mess or if there are dishes to do...I just can not do it. I loath cleaning with a passion but once I start its like a whirl wind...I just have to get it finished. I generally tidy everyday but once a week I do a massive clean where everything gets done. I hate things just lying around where someone should have put it away, I also hate clutter.

So you can imagine that decorating a room like the bathroom is irking me somewhat. The tiles came off relatively easily but there is dust everywhere and as I type this I heave a sigh at the work to be done.

So off I go now to tidy or rip more of the vile bathroom out to be replaced with clean and tidy...I hope!!!

My thought for this entry is what irks you, is it mess like mine or something else (no work irks to be included), then on the flip side what makes you truly happy that gives you feeling of contentment?

No comments:

Post a Comment